Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary of Your Arrival, Ciahnna!

Today marks three years that my little sister Ciahnna has been a foster child in our family. I have so enjoyed experiencing her “tween” years! She is such a mature young lady for having turned fourteen only last December. I was reminiscing about her first few weeks at my parents’ home and remembered how she could never fall asleep. She seemed so anxious and troubled; I remember the only way that she would fall asleep was if I would lie down beside her and sing (I was seven months pregnant with Kimora). The following song always was calming for her; enjoy these lyrics, written as God speaking to us:


Set your troubled hearts at rest, set your troubled hearts at rest.

I have stilled the wildest thunder; I will give you rest.


Lay your heavy burdens down, lay your heavy burdens down.

I have come to carry your burden; lay your burden down.


Trust me in your unbelief, trust me in your unbelief.

I have met you in your doubting; trust me and believe.


Set your troubled hearts at rest, set your troubled hearts at rest.

I have made a dwelling for you, I will give you rest.

I have made a dwelling for you, I will give you rest.


Our hearts are fuller and happier thanks to your presence in our lives, Ciahnna. We’re so glad you’re part of our family! Love and blessings….true sisters forever! Love you! <3

No comments: