Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Day for Doors

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A very special person shared these words with me today. I found them to be highly inspirational, considering all that God has recently been writing on my heart. I hope you can find some wisdom in them as well:


"Today is the day for doors. Today is the day to recognize the doors that are all around you. I want you to recognize the doors that I've put in front of you. I want you to see what's been closed and what is being closed and what is open and what is being opened.

I want you to stop pounding on and mourning over the doors that I have closed or am closing and I want you to start walking through and rejoicing over the doors that I have opened and am opening for you. They're not one and the same.

Have you become so enamored with one particular door that you can't see your way clear to walk through another door that is standing wide open? I'm telling you that some of you have set up camp and made your home at closed doors just because you thought it had your name and address on it. While other doors stand wide open to you.

Today is the day for you to leave the one and walk through the other. Will you stop eyeing and grumbling about the doors you see being opened for others and walk through the doors that are standing wide open for you. Will you stop giving yourself to one solitary door at the expense of what I want to give you?

This isn't the day for closed doors, it is a day for open doors, but you cannot walk through the one until you abandon the other. The closed doors are being closed so that the open doors can be opened.

There are occupational doors, and relational doors and ministry doors and geographic doors into nations and doors into worship and doors into hearts and doors into places that you have only dreamed about and whispered about behind closed doors. I'm telling you delivery room doors are being opened today, and doors to fortified places are being forced open for some, and for others doors into realms that you wouldn't dare to walk through if you didn't know I was making the way.

You can't open the doors I've closed but you can walk through the doors I open. It's up to you......."


May each of you walk through the doors He is opening for you! <3

No comments: