Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Me! Monday

After reading McMama's Blog for about a month, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and post a "Not me!" Monday blog post. If you're a regular mycharmingkids.net reader, you may recognize one of my "not me's" as I had a similar experience to McMama. This week:

1) I
did not cry on Saturday when I realized Kariah is finally done nursing after 26 months of life. Nope, not me. Didn't do it!

2) I absolutely
did not make a mess of my new, magazine-ready kitchen making caramel apples with Kimora and Kariah...complete with sprinkles...and lots of stickiness. I did not attempt this without the help of another adult, as that would be foolish. No, not me.

3) I
did not blow a gasket when a stranger commented on Kimora and Kariah's "good hair" and about how it doesn't look like Kajanae is going to have "good hair." I did not feel like spewing poison from between my teeth or shrieking in her face, "Leave my baby the heck alone!" I did not feel like using more severe language than "heck." Nope, certainly not me. Huh-uh!!

4) I
did not feel like fainting when I saw FIVE carseats in the back of my vehicle after installing Karmello and Kaydence's carseats. I didn't pause for a moment to contemplate how I managed to accumulate five children over the course of 3.5 years.

5) I
did not finally relent to Jamal's request to keep the pole in our bedroom that came with the highrise, and I was not amused by his joke that couple pole dancing lessons would be fun. A wholesome prude like me, I should think not!

6) I
have not recently felt the strong, insatiable desire to be pregnant again. Nope. Not me!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful changes on here!! Love the makeover! I'm incredibly busy as of late but I thought I'd pop in and say a quick "hello." I have an interview with an interior design firm next Monday...eeek! Wish me luck :)

Have a Happy Halloween with your girls.

Josie

Crystal Rae said...

WOW you have your hands full. Very cute blog. And I love not me monday's they are the best.
Have a good wednesday

Anonymous said...

IM SOOOOOOO SORRY YOU LOST YOUR SISTER. YOUR FAMILY IS IN MY PRAYERS. MY THE LORD SEE YOU THROUGH THE LOST.

REMEMBER TIME AS A MYSTERIOUS KINDNESS IT GIVES US BACK WHAT WE'VE LOST THROUGH MEMORIES AND WISDOM.